Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible gas with no taste or smell. It can become especially dangerous if it builds up in tightly confined areas. It is just slightly lighter than air so it can hang around in enclosed spaces. All fuels including “cleaner” fuels like propane create CO.
Here is an Example: A worker at a large, enclosed construction site died of carbon monoxide poisoning after he and six other workers were exposed to high levels of the gas. The site did not have enough ventilation and three machines were giving off carbon monoxide: a portable mixer and a trowel powered by gasoline, and a forklift powered by propane.
1. How could this have been avoided?
2. Do you know anyone who died from carbon monoxide poisoning?
Take the time to know and understand the risks, and more importantly…how to mitigate those risks. We need you and your family needs you. Safety First!